With fifty-eight years of experience, our program continues to impact the lives of young children and prepares them for success.
1. Working with children and parents to accomplish the Head Start goals.
2. Supporting the children in all areas of physical, social emotional and intelligent needs and communicate effectively with children within this content.
3. Planning and writing the classroom weekly lesson plans that concentrate on the group and individual needs of the children involved.
4. Establish the proper physical and social setting for children in accordance with their needs and development.
5. Incorporating the Teacher Aide/Assistant’s related suggestions when preparing the weekly lessons plans.
6. Guide and supervise the Teacher Aide/Assistant in their role in the program and assist them in performing their specific duties that support the teaching activities.
7. Working effectively with parents in interpreting the process and developmental growth of individual children and assist parent in understanding development on individually communicated and continuing basis.
8. Communicating constructively with parents and other staff in an effort towards constant improvement and upgrading to the program.
9. Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings to discuss needs of children.
Candidate must be vaccinated.
Bachelor Degree in Early Children Education with State Certification (Preferred). Minimum of one-year experience in teaching young children in an accredited/license Early Childhood Program.
Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE).
Bachelor Degree with 24 Early Childhood Education Coursework equivalent credits.
Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education with two years’ relevant experiences in an accredited/license Early Childhood Program.
Associate Degree with 24 Early Childhood Education Coursework equivalent credits with two years’ relevant experiences in an accredited/license Early Childhood Program.
To apply visit our website at www.eoc-nassau.org/careers or send resume to Corde' Lights via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com