1. Organizes and maintains a safe and healthy learning environment.
2. Develops and implements lesson plans reflective of the curriculum and program goals.
3. Maintains daily and appropriate interactions with all students.
4. Conducts observations and assessments and maintains well documented records in regards to curriculum.
5. Actively supervises all children while maintaining the line of sight.
6. Responsible for differentiating instruction and activities for children as needed.
7. Foster children’s curiosity and develop problem solving skills around events which are a part of everyday life in the center and at home.
8. Responsible for training(as needed) and constructive utilization of classroom team members.
9. Encourages initiative and fairly delegates tasks and responsibilities to classroom team.
10. Organizes and maintains weekly team meetings. Encourage participation from all attendees.
11. To attend and participate in staff development trainings, meetings with parents and meetings with the Director and be open to positive suggestions and/or constructive criticism.
12. Demonstrates awareness of and adheres to program policies and procedures.
13. Maintaining good working relationships and objective attitudes with other staff members.
14. Other Related Duties, as assigned
Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field Preferred
Previous experience working with children in a childcare or educational setting
Knowledge of early childhood development principles and best practices
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with students, parents and colleagues
Ability to adapt teaching methods to accommodate different learning styles and abilities
Patience, creativity and enthusiasm for working with young children
Ability to handle behavioral issues with patience, empathy, and professionalism
Please send your resume to Ms. Robyn at email@example.com or call (718)567-0818 to schedule an interview.