Assistant Director of Education and Child Development
University settlement society of ny
Date Posted: 01/24/2024
Location: New York, New York
$70,000 - $75,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Work Arrangement: Onsite
- Coordinate and supervise the work of the staff in developing and maintaining a high quality child development program.
- Oversees the supervision of services for children with special needs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of staff development training and supervision.
- Supervise all classrooms to ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, CACFP, and NYCDOHMH regulations.
- Collaborate with program consultants, community partners, and vendor to ensure timely service delivery
- Provide individual and group supervision to classroom group teachers and family support staff
- Develop and supervise the implementation of the Creative Curriculum in the group classroom setting.
- Provide or coordinate infant/toddler development training and guidance to staff and families
- Analyze outcomes from program assessment, classroom assessment, developmental assessments for children and provide written reports to staff with anticipatory guidance and follow-up plan
- Assist staff in identifying family needs and child developmental status
- Assist staff in developing an individualized child and family goal plan that will enhance the development of the child and promote a positive relationship between parent and child
- Assist staff in assessing parent-child relationship and provide appropriate guidance acknowledging family and cultural influences.
- Maintain all necessary documentation in accordance with requirements from all regulating agencies
- Assist in program data collection, program evaluation, and community assessment
- Participate in professional development and trainings
- Other duties as requested by supervisor to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Masters in Early Childhood Education, Infant/Toddler Development, Developmental Psychology or related field with specialization in infant/toddler development
- New York State Certification preferred
- Minimum five years experience working with families and children prenatal to three years of age
- Minimum three years experience supervising staff
- Ability to write and speak Spanish and/or Chinese preferred
Minimum Education Level: Master's Degree
Preferred Education Level: Master's Degree