LifeWorks Community Action, Inc
Date Posted: 11/02/2023
Location: Ballston Spa, New York
$20.06 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Work Arrangement: Onsite
The Home Visitor works with families to assesses and identify barriers that impede school readiness and strengths that can encourage school readiness. The position is mobile and requires staff to complete home visits as described.
- Provide each family on the caseload with a weekly home visit to provide family-centered services that facilitate child development, support parental roles and promote self-sufficiency.
- Develop developmentally appropriate activities related to the individual child. Work with the parent to develop an individual plan for his/her child to include goal setting based on identified needs.
- Identify child and family needs. Support social and emotional development and provides positive guidance and discipline.
- Support parent involvement in program activities. Encourage parent involvement in Head Start and other agency programs.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity and an understanding /willingness to learn about systemic barriers to economic mobility.
- Minimum of a Home-Based CDA credential or comparable credential, or equivalent coursework with 12 Early Childhood Education credits as part of an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be skilled in communicating and motivating people. Position requires strong advocacy skills relating to health and social services in support of families. Must have knowledge of community resources and the skills to link families to the appropriate agencies and services.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Must have a valid license, possess a vehicle for shopping as needed and be insurable to drive an agency vehicle on roads in varying weather conditions.
Minimum Education Level: CDA Credential
Preferred Education Level: Associate's Degree
Interested candidates please send a resume and cover letter to the Director of Human Resources for LifeWorks Community action via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website and complete an employment application at https://www.lifeworksaction.org/careers and send in via email.