CEDS is looking for enthusiastic and inspired educators to join our teaching team. The ideal candidate is an experienced educator who is knowledgeable about early childhood development and its application to an inquiry-based curriculum. As a member of the CEDS teaching team, this educator must be deeply invested in implementing an equitable anti-bias curriculum and fostering connections with students, parents, faculty, and prospective families. They should enjoy being an accessible participant in the school community with a warm and caring presence.
• Manage all aspects of daily classroom life, including health and safety of all students, establishment of comfortable classroom routines and transitions, and implementation of child-centered, developmentally appropriate, emergent curriculum that excites children about learning and prepares them for the next step in their education.
• Plan and implement activities to support and foster positive self-esteem, social skills, developmental growth, and independence for all students.
• Observe and record children’s progress, behavior, growth, and development on a regular and ongoing basis.
• Work collaboratively with teaching team, administrators, specialists, and consultants.
• Actively participate in all team meetings, staff meetings, professional development days, teacher trainings, and workshops.
• (Associate and Assistant Positions) Bachelor’s degree required; major in education or related field desirable
• (Lead and Co-Lead Positions) Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field (in progress is acceptable)
• Teaching experience in early childhood classrooms or other settings with young children
Please email resume to Klein@epiphanynyc.org if interested.