Administrative/Assistant Bookkeeper/Family Worker
Bethany Day Nursery/ DBA Mary Walton Children's Center
Date Posted: 11/02/2022
Location: New York, New York
Administrative/Assistant Bookkeeper- (30 hours)
- Collects fees and issues receipts, make out deposit slips and make weekly deposits.
- Post and summarizes fee cards and report fees in arrears to the director.
- Maintains petty fund, if assigned.
- Keeps daily staff attendance, vacation and sick leave accrued time.
- Acts as the center’s receptionist and answer the phone, etc.
- Performs filing and clerical related work: ex type late fees and absence notices, monthly attendance/maintenance records and menus, etc.
- Maintains permanent equipment inventory
- CACFP: Prepares children’s attendance report, monthly meal count and file all related bills accordingly.
- Be dependable, reliable and flexible
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by the director.
- Ability to do simple business computations
- Six months to 1-year experience as a payroll clerk.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel /Word, etc.).
- Training Certificate in Basic Bookkeeping, a plus.
Mary Walton Children’s Center
224 West 152nd Street
New York, NY 10039
Phone No. 212-283-4242
Family Worker (10 hours)
- Recruits and oversees eligibility and enrollment of children
- Maintain confidentially of all client records
- Promotes parental involvement and provides support ongoing in the program
- Organize and facilitate parent-child socialization groups and parent workshops.