Early Childhood Education Teacher(Certified)
Brooklyn Kindergarten Society
Date Posted: 08/24/2022
Location: Brooklyn, New York
- Assist in the direction of a class of students (maybe mixed age) through daily activities
- Communicates with families about children’s progress and work
Planning and Program Implementation (50%)
- Planning (25%)
- Understand the goals, objectives, and vision of BKS
- Understand the goals and objectives of the curriculum
- Plan well-designed lessons that are aligned with the current units of study and culturally relevant pedagogy.
- Implement units of study and lesson plans in a thoughtful and intentional manner
- Identify goals for children
- Identify what staff and parents can do to help children achieve these goals
- Identify classroom materials needed to support the implementation of the curriculum towards achieving goals.
- Program Implementation (25%)
- Provide positive guidance for children
- Implement daily lesson plans.
- Lead various small group and center activities
- Delegate various academic and classroom-based responsibilities to assistant teacher and teacher aides.
- Understand individual student goals and connect those goals to academic activities.
- Work with small groups of children to reinforce lessons, providing one-on-one instruction to students and supervising students in the classroom.
- Create a warm and welcoming environment that includes a print-rich, and culturally responsive culture.
Additional Educational and non Educational Duties (35%)
- Assessment System (15%)
- Complete and maintain observations and other running records
- Navigate Teaching Strategies GOLD online (assessment system).
- Supervision (10%)
- Provide consistent supervision that takes into account developmentally appropriate activities and health needs of the group and individual child.
- Relationship Building (5%)
- Foster relationships with key stakeholders e.g., other teachers, family workers/social workers, parents and guardians for the purposes of school readiness.
- Promoting professional growth (5%)
- Assume responsibility for professional performance and self-reflection
- Fulfill roles as mandated reporter as stated in Child Abuse and Neglect Polices.
- Participate in staff meetings, conferences, training sessions, and workshops as assigned.
- Perform any other work-related duties necessary to the smooth functioning of the center as requested by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree or working towards preferred, NYS Professional ECE Certification (Birth-Grade 2) OR Valid NYS Permanent Certification B-2 or N-6, highly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working with children ages 2-4 years old
- A 2.5 minimum culminate undergraduate GPA
- Bachelor's degree in early childhood education, Masters preferred
- Experience working with low-income populations and diverse cultures.