Delhi Campus Child Care Center, Inc.
Date Posted: 06/03/2022
Salary / Wage: 51480
Location: Delhi, New York
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Center Director is responsible for the overall day-to-day operation and administration of the Center and for creating a safe environment, which is warm and loving, and contributes to the emotional, physical, educational, and social development of the children in the Center. In accordance with the licensing regulations set for by the OCFS, specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Strong organizational leadership in managing day-to-day operations of the Center and implementing policies and procedures on behalf of the Board of Directors.
- Staff supervision and staff development: recruit, interview, hire, train, supervise, evaluate, counsel, or dismiss personnel according to the personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintain a high-quality program: development and implementation of an appropriate curriculum, classroom programming, health, social services, family involvement, and family education.
- Responsible for administrative systems: ensuring that resources, money, space, and equipment are used to their maximum effectiveness.
- Monitor income and expenses of the Center; develop budgets and grant proposals with input from the Board, staff, and families to ensure that the Center remains financially viable. Includes coordination with all appropriate agencies and funding sources to maintain on-going support for the Center. Administer contracts on behalf of the Center and ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place.
- Communication with families: serving as a trusted resource and forging relationships with families.
- Maintaining open communication with the Board of Directors: attending all Board of Directors meetings and Board of Directors Committee meetings as requested and preparing regular reports to the Board.
- Representing the Center in the community, serving as the chief ambassador for the Center.
- Maintaining a strong relationship with SUNY Delhi, serving as a cooperative partner and ensuring that the Center remains an asset to the college community.
- Working closely with the Director of Carousel Children's Services, ensuring that the program meets the needs of all enrolled children and that staff work harmoniously.
- Working with staff and appropriate agencies to maintain Center licensure and accreditation.
- Must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education that includes 24 credits in early childhood education, child development, elementary education or early childhood special education AND nine credits in administration, leadership, or management AND one year full-time teaching experience in a child daycare center, family or group family daycare home or other early childhood program AND one year of experience supervising staff in a child care program or a related field of work (OR create a formal plan to meet the qualifications outlined herein within five years from date of hire, continued employment is dependent upon meeting the criteria as established).
- New York State Children's Program Administrator Credential AND One year full-time teaching experience in a child daycare center, family or group family daycare home or other early childhood program AND one year of experience supervising staff in a child care program or related field of work
- Associate's degree in Early Childhood or related field with a plan of study leading to a bachelor's degree; or a New York State Program Administration credential AND two years full-time teaching experience in a child daycare center, family or group family daycare home, or other early childhood program AND two years of experience supervising staff in a child care program or related field of work
- Child Development Associate credential with a plan of study leading to a bachelor's degree; or a New York State Children's Program Administrator Credential AND two years full-time teaching experience in a child day care center, family or group family day care home, or other early childhood program AND two years of experience supervising staff in a child care program or related field of work.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to at least one of the above minimum requirements):
- Executive administrative, business and/or accounting experience
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Strong knowledge of NYSOCFS Child Care Center regulations
- Experience with payroll, CACFP/Nutrition, work orders, Block Grant, and supplies procurement
- Salary Starting at: $51480 and commensurate with education and experience
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday days, occasional evenings and weekends
- This position offers benefits:
- paid vacation and sick time
- paid holiday break: between Christmas day and New Year's Day
- child care assistance
- disability insurance and long term disability insurance
- education assistance
DC4 is committed to providing a safe and productive learning environment for all children, staff, and visitors. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the full background check series and verification of credentials presented.