Web and Database Administrator
New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute
Date Posted: 04/22/2022
Location: Brooklyn, New York
$90,000 - $96,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
The Web and Database Administrator is responsible for the Institute’s varied data systems and its website. The Administrator is a valued member of the Institute’s leadership team, providing communications and data tools and functionality for project management, operations, and reporting. The Administrator works with project directors and staff to design data systems and functionality that is responsive to the needs of each individual project, while also ensuring that lessons and learnings are shared across projects for enhancements and efficiency.
The Administrator leads the team that is responsible for requirements gathering, database and interface design, reporting and analysis design, full-stack build, API integrations, hosting management, ongoing maintenance, refinement and redesign. The Administrator supervises Web and Database Specialists and reports to the Deputy Executive Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership and Management
- Lead the work in designing new web-based databases and communications tools for individual Institute projects, especially for pilot projects
- Serves as a thought leader, addressing challenges that need complex and comprehensive solutions and makes connections across projects to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- Participate in partner meetings with regulatory agencies and software developers to integrate Institute systems with external systems and facilitate data transfers
- Supervise, train, and coordinate a team of two Web and Database Specialists
Data System Development
- Create and maintain internal web-based data system for Institute project directors, coordinators, and staff to track services offered, client activity and data, and project expenditures for numerous projects and internal teams, adding new user features as needed
- Manage and maintain MySQL database management, including loading, updating, recovering, refreshing, testing, using, and interpreting data
- Design and maintain database functionality to be integrated into the public-facing website, e.g. event registration, program applications, etc.
- Supervise staff on updating website with new content, promotions and various web-related functions; work with program staff as needed to develop new content
- Propose, design, implement, and test new web pages/web features (e.g., blogs, videos, event registration, polling systems, etc.);
- Analyze and track site performance;
- Oversee maintenance and design of Institute blog (WordPress), explore additional functionality as needed
- Research apps, add-ons, features, and integrations that improve workflow and usage of third-party systems
- Mail Chimp – contact management, synchronizing and transactional emails
- Zendesk – communications ticketing system
- Symplicity – career services management system
- Google Maps API
- Custom APIs with data partners
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director and in response to leadership team initiatives.
- This position is located in a professional office environment and is currently hybrid, working 70% in person (7 days) in office and 30% remote (3 days) during every two-week payroll cycle. Laptop may be provided if needed to support working remotely.
- While performing these duties, the employee is required to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting items (up to 20 pounds), bending, reaching, sitting for prolonged periods of time. Reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities or other needs per RFCUNY policies.
As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine (example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or management information systems, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience of web and database development for a multi-faceted, multi-project organization, designing customized web and database tools and integrating data systems
- Supervisory experience inclusive of providing training, delegating tasks, and evaluating performance for a small team of database specialist
- Fluency in back end development, specifically PHP and MySQL
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and demanding work environment as part of an administrative team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to explain complex concepts clearly to users
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative and technical knowledge to Web and database tool development
- Experience within educational institutions is helpful
Provide a resume and cover letter specifying your qualifications, experience, and interest relevant to this position. Please include link(s) to portfolio and/or web development projects demonstrating your skills.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people of all race, color, religion, gender, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disabilities, age, or protected veteran status to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Americans with disabilities act/E-Verify employer.
View Post Details and Apply