Early Childhood Center Director
Children's Center of New Paltz, Inc.
Date Posted: 03/23/2022
Salary / Wage: $42,000-$50,000
Location: New Paltz, New York
The Children’s Center is seeking an experienced, full-time, year-round, Director. Our center is in Ulster County in New Paltz, NY, housed on the SUNY New Paltz campus. We are not NY state employees. We are an independent, not for profit, childcare center.
In this role, you will supervise our teachers and assistant director to ensure the delivery of high-quality developmentally appropriate early childhood care for children in our toddler through Pre-K programs. Although this position is primarily managerial, the individual in this role will serve as a classroom role model and must always be prepared for direct work with children.
- Managing all aspects of day-to-day center operations including teacher, substitute, student and intern scheduling, payroll, family/child contracts and enrollment.
- Manage tuition billing, DSS funding and Federal Block Grant and Grant writing.
- Develop and provide comprehensive reports, summaries and annual reports for review and regulatory compliance reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Interact with teachers and parents on a daily basis and acts as an example of best practices for open communication as well as a demonstration of respectful relationships for children, teachers, and families throughout the school.
- A knowledge of classroom practice, child development, and progressive pedagogy and at times, the director may work alongside teachers for supervision and coverage when needed.
- Liaison/contact with state licensor and is familiar with childcare licensing and regulations for NYS and supports compliance and inspections, as well as oversight for care and maintenance of buildings, children/teacher's records/files.
- Responsible for hiring, enrollment, strategic planning, curriculum and pedagogical approaches, professional development plans, implementing long range goals and work collaboratively on all school wide projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that the center supports the strategic direction as articulated by and jointly developed with the staff
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, developmental psychology or related field required
- Three to five years teaching experience in an early childhood classroom
- Minimum of 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and switch tasks
- Ability to implement policies and philosophy of a play-based curriculum
- Maturity and ease with interpersonal relationships; actively listens to all viewpoints
- Ability to interface with multiple departments and personnel at the college
- Ability to receive and utilize constructive criticism
- Strict adherence to issues of confidentiality
- Demonstrates creativity in problem-solving
- Ability to act calmly and competently in emergency situations
- Ability to see both the big picture and the supporting details
- Strong correspondence skills, including positive phone manner, written notes
- Strong writing and editing skills; attention to detail and proofreading essential
- Serve as a professional representative of Children’s Center of New Paltz
- Computer skills: Background and ease with using Word, Excel, Power Point and web browsers
- Able to lift 30 lbs. and assume postures in low level positions that best allow physical and visual contact with children
Email resume and and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Children's Center of New Paltz
CCCC 125, 1 Hawk Dr.
New Paltz, NY 12561