Lead Head Teacher
Cardinal Mccloskey Community Services
Date Posted: 03/17/2021
Salary / Wage: $40,000 - $55,000
Location: Bronx, New York
Cardinal McCloskey Community Services (CMCS) is a not –for- profit social services agency that is the largest provider of Head Start services in the Bronx. CMCS serves more than 2,000 children and families each year and is continuing to grow.
We are looking for an imaginative person with an interest in and the ability to teach three to five-year-old children. We want someone with knowledge of recent development in the field of Early Childhood Education, particularly as it relates to the proper education of children from low income families.
- Supervise the overall function of the classroom (paying special attention to the individual needs and differences of each child’s language, culture, handicaps and abilities.
- Enhance children’s understanding of themselves as individuals and in relation to others by planning a flexible program with an emphasis on individual, small group and large group activities.
- Encourage children to learn through problem solving, experimentation and question-asking.
- Direct daily educational programs for the class, providing an atmosphere that will help children develop a love for learning
- Assist children in developing the skills they need to grow socially, emotionally, intellectually and culturally.
- Plan regular trips and events in accordance with Head Start Procedures
- Schedule and conduct home visits with the Teacher’s Assistant and Family Worker and work with families to provide support to their children by encouraging their involvement in their child’s educational development.
- Maintain records of students, class committees, workshops and in-service training.
- B.A in Early Childhood Education and actively in the process of obtaining B-2 Teaching Certificate
- Masters in Early Childhood with Initial/Permanent B-2 Certification
- Previous experience in a Head Start Program setting is valued but not required