LifeWorks Community Action, Inc
Date Posted: 11/02/2023
Location: Ballston Spa, New York
$15.84 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Work Arrangement: Onsite
Teacher Aide is part of the team who assists in activities in the daycare classroom. Works with typically developing preschool age children and/or children with special needs. As a Floater, will be assigned to various classrooms or sites as deemed necessary for program operations. Candidate must be willing to work where needed within the Saratoga Springs and Ballston Spa area of Saratoga County.
- Assists staff in all classroom or parent and children activities, field trips and outdoor activities.
- Assists in developing materials and providing activities related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
- Helps supervise at mealtime, eating with the children to encourage good nutrition and proper social skills.
- Helps keep the classroom and its contents/toys clean and orderly.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Experience working in a classroom with preschool children. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid and CPR certification within the initial probationary period and maintain certification.
- Above average organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and families in program.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, possess own transportation and be able to drive a company vehicle on roads in varying weather conditions if necessary.
Minimum Education Level: Highschool Graduate or GED
Preferred Education Level: Highschool Graduate or GED
Interested candidates please send a resume and cover letter to the Director of Human Resources for LifeWorks Community action via email@example.com or visit our website and complete an employment application at https://www.lifeworksaction.org/careers and send in via email.