Under the direction of the Childcare Center Director, the Early Childhood Teacher Assistant attends to children in the designated area; observes and monitors play activities, reads, plays games, administers meals and snacks, keeps area and children clean and tidy. The Teacher Assistant will accompany children on walks or other outings, assist lead teacher with implementing activities and always ensures safety and well-being of children in their care. The position is responsible for demonstrating YMCA leadership competencies to ensure the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
• Assist lead teacher in implementing daily classroom activities and lesson planning.
• Develop and maintain a positive relationship with staff and parents.
• Maintain a safe and attractive environment for all children in the program.
• Assist in the preparation and distribution of snacks and meals.
• Assist with cleanliness in classroom and childcare facility.
• Know the emergency procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Know and implement established child care policies and NYS OCFS regulations.
• Attend all required meetings and training.
• Maintain required certifications.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Must be at least 16 years of age and have at least one year experience working with children under 13 years of age, preferably in an organized setting.
• High school diploma or GED and Child Development Associate (CDA) credential preferred.
• Bring to this position maturity, responsibility, and a sincere interest in working with people.
• Have strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
• Meet all guidelines and requirements for Assistant Teacher mandated by the Office of Children & Family Services.
• First Aid Certified or the ability to obtain within 60 days of hire.
apply online here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1779574