Preschool Assistant Teacher
Date Posted: 05/15/2023
Location: Brooklyn, New York
$18.59 - $20.08 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Work Arrangement: Onsite
This position will begin in June 2023 and continue through summer 2023. If the candidate performs well, this position will turn into a full time salaried position in September 2023 for a 3K or PreK classroom. We are looking for a candidate who is looking for a long term position and not only work for the summer months.
Initially, the assistant teacher may be helping out in different classrooms during the week to learn the routines of the classroom and may be asked to help out in a classroom if coverage is needed. The assistant teacher may also be asked to help with other miscellaneous tasks in the center as needed. Ultimately, the assistant teacher may be assigned her/his own classroom if he/she performs well in their role.
- Assist head teacher with lessons and preparing materials
- Play and interact with children in the class
- Clean classroom, classroom materials, facilities (as needed) to ensure we can maintain the health and safety of the children, family, and staff
- Supervise children in the classroom and ensure they are safe
- Encourage and model appropriate social behaviors and expectations that are developmentally appropriate for young children
- Assist with diaper change or toileting
- Assist with maintenance of the classroom (light housekeeping)
- Help children with toileting and changing diapers (as needed)
- Work with students on individualized needs
- Bachelor degree in early childhood education or currently enrolled in an early childhood education accredited program (a plus)
- Warm, responsible, and dedicated team player who like to interact and communicate with young children in the context of a creative, play-based curriculum.
- Professional and courteous to team members and families in the program
- Team player, quick-paced, self-starter, and willing to learn
- Proficient with technology
- Medical clearance
- Fingerprinted by the Department of Investigations (a plus)
- Fingerprinted by the Department of Education (a plus)
- Speaks Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) (a plus)
Minimum Education Level: Associate's Degree
Preferred Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the name of the position you are applying for.