Infant Lead Teacher who can work full-time Monday-Friday and has experience with Infants 0-12 months.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The goal of Diki is to provide a warm, nurturing, safe, and loving environment where self-concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged, and individuality respected. To this end the specific responsibilities included, but are not limited to the following:
1) Protects the safety of all children in the center.
2) Directly supervises children at all times.
3) Uses positive phrasing with children.
4) Communicates frequently with children throughout the day, naming objects, actions, using who, what, when, where, and why, and open ended questions.
5) Exhibits behavior management consistent with Diki philosophy, including reflecting children's feelings, approaching children to speak with them, directing comments toward children's behavior, not at the children themselves, etc.
6) Co-plays/interacts with children during play activities both indoors and on the playground.
7) Treats each child with dignity and respect, recognizing the cultural and socio-economic diversity of the population.
8) Creates weekly curriculum plans based on creative curriculum and Monthly Newsletters
9) Have experience with and assessing children using screening assessments.
-Shall be at least 21 years of age
(1) Associate's (AA or AS) degree in early childhood education
(2) Child Development Associate (CDA) certification and a study plan leading to an
associate's degree in early childhood education within seven years
(3) High school diploma or equivalent (GED); nine college credits in early childhood
education or child development; two years’ experience caring for children, and a study plan
leading to an associate's degree in early childhood education within seven years
(Foreign education is accepted but must be EVALUATED first by an approved agency)
- The ability to work well in a new program and in a team setting and work respectfully and cooperatively with a Teacher Assistant.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call/text administrative director, Ms. Elizabeth Dominguez (917) 496-2100.