Park Slope Child Care Collective
Date Posted: 05/11/2022
Salary / Wage: $85,000 - $100,000
Location: Brooklyn , New York
The Collective seeks an experienced individual who is passionate about early childhood education to serve as its Executive Director. We place a high value on collaboration and maintaining an inclusive environment. To this end, the Collective operates with the input from teachers, administrators, and parents. The Executive Director must be able to work within, and actively promote, this collaborative environment. The candidate must also be flexible and creative, an excellent communicator, and possess strong organization and management skills.
The Executive Director is the primary person responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Collective, including managing the administrative staff and teaching faculty. The Executive Director is also the key contact for staff, families, and regulatory agencies. A broad outline of the position’s responsibilities is below:
- Works collaboratively with parent-comprised Board of Directors on all aspects of the Collective’s management.
- Oversees all financial operations, including budgeting, financial aid awards, fundraising, grant applications, audits, and insurance-related matters.
- Supports staff oversight and development, including management of contracts and annual reviews, management of student and staff records, and collaborating with the Education Director on curriculum and teacher hiring.
- Oversees facility and supply management, including lease relationship, facility maintenance and improvement, and approving supply purchases.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance matters, including licensing requirements, day-to-day and emergency health and safety protocols, and keeping updated on changes to regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for outreach and relationship development, including communications with parents, open house events and other recruiting activities, and school-wide events.
- Works with the Education Director and staff to ensure the Collective's commitment to diversity and equity is reflected in administration, programming, admissions, curriculum development, staffing, and communications.
In addition to being a warm collaborator, an excellent communicator, and having superior management and organizational skills, the position requires:
- A Master’s Degree and NYS certification in Early Childhood Education is preferred. Candidates with a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education and substantive managerial experience are encouraged to apply.
- A Minimum three years’ experience as an Executive Director or Assistant Executive Director of a full-day preschool.
- Strong competencies with computer-related skills (Word, Excel, Adobe, etc.) preferred.
- Proof of Covid vaccination with booster.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review applications on a rolling basis.
The Collective is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, women, non-binary, and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply.