Cardinal Mccloskey Community Services
Date Posted: 03/17/2021
Salary / Wage: 35,000-38,000
Location: Bronx, New York
Cardinal McCloskey Community Services (CMCS) is a not –for- profit social services agency that is the largest provider of Head Start services in the Bronx. CMCS serves more than 2,000 children and families each year and is continuing to grow.
We are looking for a dedicated person who would be responsible for maintaining high-quality, effective parent engagement practices to support the healthy development of family dynamics.
- Develop respectful, responsive, and effective working relationships with all families.
- Serve as a liaison between the school and family to ensure effective communication.
- Offer referral and support services for children and families that will sustain the family unit and
promote family well-being.
- Participate in the recruitment and outreach of new enrollees, complete all required
documentation for the enrollment of pregnant women and children, re-enrollment into the
the program and maintain a waiting list.
- Conduct detailed social services intake to review family dynamics, child and parent data, and
health requirements. Provide a comprehensive orientation to parents that involve supportive
services, program expectations, parent engagement opportunities; workshops; activities; and
- Conduct home visits for families, and engage them in building trusting and supportive
relationships with staff.
- Maintain regular communication with families that involves mutual feedback regarding
attendance, program information and services, and participation in program and classroom
- Efficiently maintain children’s confidential file and information in our database, such as child
health history; physical; and other medical and dental forms; eligibility and enrollment forms; parent and home visit contact notes; and goal setting documentation.
- Develop, implement, and facilitate parent education programming that will meet the interests
and the needs of families and promote self-sufficiency.
- Partner with individual families to assist them with goal setting that identifies individual family
needs, action steps, responsibilities, and resources that result in family progress.
- Connect families to family support programs that provide comprehensive services that will
enhance family stability, develop parental competencies, and promote the healthy development
- A certification in social work, human services, family services (FDC), counseling, or a related field is required. An Associate’s degree or higher in one of these fields is preferred
- Computer proficiency is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Head Start performance standards, child development, and Early Childhood Education is preferred