Cardinal Mccloskey Community Services
Date Posted: 03/17/2021
Salary / Wage:
Location: , New York
Cardinal McCloskey Community Services (CMCS) is a not –for- profit social services agency that is the largest provider of Head Start services in the Bronx. CMCS serves more than 2,000 children and families each year and is continuing to grow.
We are looking an enthusiastic and creative individual who is dedicated to delivering quality instruction in a child’s home environment and working closely with families to provide educational support
- Conduct weekly 90-minute home visits with young children and their families.
- Deliver the Parents as Teachers curriculum in the context of the home and during group socialization
- Engage in weekly planning for students in case load and attend planning periods.
- Facilitate bi-monthly group socialization experiences.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of young children’s development. Maintain up to date observations, reports,
- and relevant paperwork.
- Collaborate with families to establish development goals and document this process.
- Provide family with support services and referrals.
- Maintain confidentiality of family records and information.
- Participate in all professional development opportunities.
- Collaborate with other home visitors, consultants, and social workers to meet the needs of all students
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, or related field preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with children is required
- Previous experience in a Head Start Program setting is valued but not required