Program Coordinator (Ridgewood YMCA)
YMCA of Greater New York
Date Posted: 08/25/2023
Location: Ridgewood, New York
$25 an hour
Job Type: Part-time
Work Arrangement: Onsite
The Ridgewood YMCA is seeking a Program Coordinator who, under the supervision of the Program Director, will be responsible for developing, implementing, delivering, supervising, and evaluating the programs at the Ridgewood YMCA. The Program Coordinator will focus on program quality and delivery of services as well as training and development of the staff including but not limited to activity specialists and program aides.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the program by providing appropriate supervision at all times.
- Maintain accurate program documentation of but not limited to, participant files, YS.net data entry, attendance, sign in/out forms, behavior reports, incident reports, and accident reports, as appropriate.
- Support the Program Director and supervise Activity Specialists, Counselors, Advisors, and Volunteers in the implementation of the Y Programs, Summer Camp Programs and CIT/STEP Programs.
- Work cooperatively with professional staff, teachers, and other program and school staff.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Create and maintain a strength-based, youth-focused atmosphere that is consistent and sensitive to the needs of participants with learning, emotional, or behavioral differences.
- Create marketing flyers for program awareness and enrollment, update bulletin boards and create a monthly newsletter.
- Serve as a positive role model for participants.
- Work with the Program Director to secure and maintain all equipment or supplies needed.
- Understand and communicate the YMCA’s core values and the goals of the Core Programs to participants and care givers.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and guardians through regular communication about their child’s strengths and areas of growth.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Other activities and duties as needed that will address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff members.
- Serves as MOD as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of hands on experience working in youth programs.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of Access, Adobe PageMaker and Photoshop preferred.
Minimum Education Level: Highschool Graduate or GED
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
The YMCA of Greater New York offers a variety of benefits to its staff members including retirement benefits, medical, paid-time off, free YMCA membership and more! Benefit eligibility is determined by an individual’s employment status (ie. full-time or part-time), tenure and/or the number of hours scheduled to work. Click here for more information