Early Head Start Lead Teacher - 2 Yr old Toddler Room
Yeled V' Yalda ECC, Inc. - Silver Lake Head Start II
Date Posted: 07/28/2022
Salary / Wage: 18.00 - 23.00/ hourly
Location: Staten Island, New York
Yeled V' Yalda ECC, Inc. - Silver Lake Head Start II, is hiring a motivated and energetic Early Head Start Toddler Teacher to educate young children. You will be responsible for implementing lesson plans utilizing the Creative Curriculum and keeping the children engaged in developmentally appropriate activities throughout the day. As an EHS Teacher, you should be able to communicate with parents to share progress on their child’s development, while remaining committed to teaching in the classroom. The goal will be to help children develop their core developmental skills by providing engaging lessons, individualizing based on assessments and facilitating exploration through play. Opportunity is available immediately.
- Provide care and supervision to toddlers in school setting and private playground.
- Engage children in a range of educational and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Facilitate learning using a variety of techniques, such as storytelling, exploration and hands-on activities, singing songs and playing musical instruments.
- Ensure safety procedures are in place to prevent accidents and supervise children on the playground.
- Encourage social skills among toddlers by modeling behaviors, organizing games and sports.
- Teach and follow all health precautions such as hand washing, covering mouths and noses when sneezing.
- Identify problems that may arise among Toddlers and refer for relevant services (e.g. physical therapy, Speech, SEIT).
Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent field.
Send cover letter and resume to HValentin@yeled.org.