National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week is an opportunity to educate New Yorkers about the many ways they can reduce lead hazards in the home. The NYC Department Of Health and Mental Hygiene, in partnership with the City University of New York and the NYC Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs, is offering webinars on lead poisoning prevention from October 26 through October 30, 2020. The webinars are open to everyone to join and are available in multiple languages. See the list of available webinars below.
- Monday, October 26, 2020, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Lead Poisoning Prevention and Consumer Products – Register here
- Monday, October 26, 2020, 3 to 4 p.m. Lead Poisoning Prevention and Consumer Products (Prevención del envenenamiento por plomo y productos de consume) (Spanish) – Register here
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Home Safety – Lead in Cultural Products and Window Guards (নিরাপদ বাড়ির জন্য : সাংস্কৃতিক বা ঐতিহ্যগত পণ্যে সীসা সম্পর্কে এবং উইন্ডো গার্ড সম্পর্কে জানুন) (Bengali) – Register here
- Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 1 to 2 p.m. Lead Poisoning Prevention During Pregnancy – Register here
- Thursday, October 29, 2020, 11 a.m. to noon Lead Poisoning Prevention: DEP Talks About Lead and Drinking Water – Register here
- Thursday, October 29, 2020, 2 to 4 p.m. ESOL Curricula on Lead Poisoning Prevention (Open to Organizations that Offer ESOL) – Register here
- Friday, October 30, 2020, 2 to 3 p.m. Lead Poisoning Prevention (Предотврасщение отравления свинцом) (Russian) – Register here