This week (Sept. 10-14) is National Family, Friend and Neighbor (FFN) Appreciation Week! Family, friend and neighbor child care is the most widely used form of child care in America — FFN caregivers care for nearly 7 million children under age 5.
Home Grown, a national collaborative of funders dedicated to improving access and quality in home-based child care, is shining a light on FFN care each day this week:
- Sunday, Sept. 10 : Celebrating Grandparents as FFN Caregivers
- Monday, Sept. 11: Are You an FFN Caregiver? Who Are the FFN Caregivers All Around Us?
- Tuesday, Sept. 12: FFN Care Meets the Developmental Needs of Children
- Wednesday, Sept. 13: FFN Care is a First Choice, for Many Reasons!
- Thursday, Sept 14: Supporting FFN Caregivers With Policy Efforts
You can celebrate FFN Appreciation Week by thanking your FFN caregivers and by raising awareness of FNN care. Use the hashtags #FFNCareisAlwaysThere and #FFNAppreciationWeek to share your appreciation on social media.