The Slate School’s Education Idea Lab is a virtual series that features leaders and participants from all sectors of education and innovation engaged in an online dialogue. A series of three panels on the topic of “Imagining the Future of Education” began in June (watch the first panel discussion here). The Institute’s Executive Director, Sherry Cleary, participated in the second panel. Sherry and colleagues from around the globe shared their thoughts and knowledge in response to questions including:
- What can teachers do more of during remote learning?
- What is the purpose of school to you?
- How do you empower families?
- How do you prepare and train teachers to step back and let the child lead?
Watch the panel discussion below.
- Sherry Cleary, Executive Director, New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute, The City University of New York, NY
- Kiran Sethi, Designer, Teacher, Principal, Education Reformer, and Social Entrepreneur. Founder, Design for Change and aProCh
- Nomawethu Siswana, Grade R Teacher, Ubuntu Pathways
- Moderated by Julie Mountcastle, Head of School, Slate School