The Week of the Young Child is an annual celebration hosted by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) celebrating early learning, young children, their teachers and families. The purpose of the celebration is to focus public attention on the needs of young children and their families and to recognize the early childhood programs and services that meet those needs. This year the Week of the Young Child is April 24-28, with each day dedicated to a different activity. This includes:
- Music Monday- Sing, dance, celebrate and learn
- Tasty Tuesday-Healthy eating and fitness at home and school
- Work Together Wednesday-Work together, build together, learn together
- Artsy Thursday-Think problem, solve, create
- Family Friday-Sharing family stories
In celebration of the Week of the Young Child, New York City AEYC is sponsoring a free family day event at the Countee Cullen Library on Saturday, April 29! For more information, click here.