Study Plan Teacher - Lead
Cardinal McCloskey Community Services
Date Posted: 05/11/2020
Salary / Wage:
Location: Bronx, New York
The Teacher will work with a diverse population of “secondary-age” students in a trauma-informed community. A solid knowledge of curriculum and learning modalities is paramount to our educational program. The Teacher will plan and implement a content based instructional program in accordance with New York State Curriculum and learning Standards. The Teacher will have a working knowledge and understanding of all special education services including established assessments, testing and credit recovery within a PBIS (Positive Behavioral Intervention Support) structure.
- Familiarity with New York State Learning Standards; development and implementation of daily lesson plans.
- Modify the instructional program to meet each student’s needs. Implement the student’s IEP in accordance with mandates.
- Use effective teaching strategies and best practices to implement the curriculum in alignment with The Sanctuary Model and Positive behavioral Intervention Supports.
- Ability to utilize a variety of assessment tools in order to report on students’ progress.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with other CMCS personnel to effectively enhance the school program.
- Use appropriate classroom management strategies to maintain a positive and safe learning environment for children including Therapeutic Crisis Intervention.
- Maintain regular written and/or phone contact with parents, legal guardians, ACS and WDSS when appropriate.
- Ability to utilize a variety of assessment tools to monitor and report student growth. Complete written progress reports in accordance with IEP mandates, quarterly report cards, etc.
- Participation in CSE meetings, teacher-parent conferences, and other meetings as requested by the principal.
- Other relevant and appropriate duties as assigned.
- New York State Teaching Certification
- Bachelor's required, Masters preferred
- Dual certification in Special Education preferred
BA in a liberal art with a minimum of 18 credits in ECE could have initial NYS B-2 Certification or initial NYS Childhood Certification. Study Plan Teachers have 3 years from hire to receive both a Master’s Degree and NYS B-2 Certification.
If interested, please send me an email at Alara@cmcs.org to inquire about the position. You will also need to send me the following documents:
1.) Copy of Teaching Certifications
2.) Screenshot of TEACH Account
3.) Screenshot of Unofficial Transcripts
Any other questions or concerns, please call or text me at 914-539-2534.