The Teacher/ Ed. Director is responsible primarily for his/her classroom and all the responsibilities of a Head Teacher as described in the Head Teacher job description. The continuity of the classroom is imperative and should be considered first. The Ed. Director responsibilities are secondary.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
Shares responsibility for the development of each child, based on Bloomingdale’s Education Plan and children’s individual needs.
Together with assistant teacher, assumes responsibility for preparation and implementation of daily activities.
Together with assistant teacher, prepares and shares lesson plans with parents and other classroom volunteers, and explains reasons for children’s activities.
Together with assistant teacher, provides a safe environment for children.
With assistance from appropriate staff and consultants, assumes responsibility for individual child assessments and development of individual education plans.
Maintains open and ongoing communication with parents, assistant teacher and other staff.
Keeps all required records.
· Coordinate with the Program's Executive Director to ensure Universal Pre-K documents and requirements for all fours at UPK sites are met.
· Attend Universal Pre-K Directors meetings.
· Oversee the online Child Observation Record (COR). Support Education staff as needed to record children’s scores. Ensure timely submission of scores and generate reports after each time period for the Executive Director.
· Maintain communication with the Program's Executive Director regarding site issues, compliance issues, and defective equipment.
· Helps organize events such as parent orientation, holiday parties, and graduation.
· Must check on the general maintenance of the site and ensure the site is in compliance with all regulations by having a regularly scheduled walk through and completing quarterly reports for DOE.
· Submit a weekly report of any issues or items that need to be included in the weekly program meeting minutes.
· Be prepared to provide additional support to Executive Director when requested.
· Need to be CLASS Assessment Certified and complete Class Assessment at site. Must also complete an ECERS Assessment for classrooms as needed.
· Lead and help coordinate Total Educational Staff meetings.
· Lead Education Staff Training at least 2x per year.
· Participate/Lead Team meetings for classrooms at site.
· Routinely perform Classroom observations at the site.
· Support the implementation of High Scope at the site.
· Respond to monitoring visitors or address issues as needed if the Executive Director or Deputy Director are not available.
· Meet weekly with the Executive Director for continuous program coordination.
· Together with other Education Directors respond to any monitoring findings.
NYS Pre-School Certification and Master of Science in Education.
Someone who has experience in working with groups of children ages 0-5.
Spanish speaking preferred but not required.
Interested applicants are requested to drop off their resumes in the office of the Executive Director, 125 West 109th Street, Fax: 212-932-9243 or email to email@example.com as soon as possible.