Full-Time Speech Language Pathologist
The Speech Garden
Date Posted: 02/26/2019
Salary / Wage: $125/hr fee-for-service rate (there is a salary-based option if preferred)
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Home-Based Provider
Are you ready to take the next step professionally as a community based speech-language pathologist with the pay and benefits that allow you to live comfortably in NYC? Would you like to find a permanent, full-time position with a company that promotes lasting relationships with families? If this sounds like you, you could be the perfect candidate to join our growing team of therapists.
The Speech Garden is a pediatric therapy practice that provides treatment to children with language, learning and behavioral issues. Our mission is to provide evidence-based therapy in a supportive learning environment where students can blossom. We work with families from a variety of backgrounds across all 5 boroughs of NYC. We’re seeking a full-time speech language pathologist to provide home-based therapy to children and to collaborate with parents to achieve successful social and academic outcomes. We offer low caseloads, lasting relationships with families and continuous professional development opportunities.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Compassionate - you have a heart for special needs children and provide quality therapy
- Driven - you have a strong work ethic and positive attitude towards overcoming obstacles
- Organized - you can easily manage your time and resources to achieve efficient, quality results
- Conscientious - you appreciate the importance of being consistent with students and family
- Independent - you work well with limited supervision and take ownership
- $125/hr fee-for-service rate (there is a salary-based option if preferred)
- Healthcare, Vision, Dental
- Travel reimbursement
- Evaluate and treat school age children with speech and language disorders, including children with diagnoses of Autism, ADHD and SLD
- Foster strong relationships with families and create a nurturing learning environment in home settings
- Administer testing and write full speech and language evaluations
- Engage with caregivers to maintain consistent therapy schedules
- Maintain weekly, quarterly, and annual paperwork including daily session notes, progress reports and annual review
- Master’s in Speech Language Pathology or Communication Sciences and Disorders
- NYS Speech Language Pathologist license + registration
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC’s)
- 3+ years of experience providing speech-language therapy and treating children diagnosed with Autism, ADHD and language and learning disorders is preferred, but not required
- Must have a car and be willing to travel to Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.
- Available for home-based therapy in the late afternoon and evening hours from Tuesday- Friday and Saturdays OR Sundays in the mornings and afternoons
- Must own smartphone + computer for remote work
- BONUS SKILLS: Bilingual in Spanish, Previous home-care experience, Familiarity with NYC geography/transit systems, PROMPT, Hanen or Orton Gillingham training
Please apply at this link with your most recent resume and cover letter!