Brooklyn Free Space Preschool (BFS) is seeking a mature and sensitive individual to be part of our collaborative and supportive teaching and learning environment.
Our Educational Approach:
● Plan, supervise, and implement classroom program in accordance with policies and philosophy of the school and requirements of licensing agencies.
● Ensure that the classroom curriculum includes explorations of all learning domains and supports the children in building developmentally appropriate social, emotional cognitive and physical skills.
● Gear program to needs of individual children, as well as the whole group, with concern for their interests, abilities, talents and individual style and pace of learning.
● Consider individual children in relationship to their cultural and socioeconomic background, and support children to become aware of their roles as integral members of a group.
● Engage in ongoing evaluation and assessment procedures needed to assess children’s developmental levels and support curriculum planning.
● Implement methods for effectively integrating the support, skills and talents of the teaching team members in all areas of the classroom environment.
Minimum 2 years Early Childhood Education Classroom Experience
Masters in ECE and Initial or Professional Certification
A understanding of and a passion for a constructivist/inquiry-based or Reggio Emilia-inspired educational approach.
Please email a resume and cover letter to the BFS Educational Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know why you think BFS would be a good fit for you as an early childhood educator.