Large NYC nonprofit that operates large residential facilities seeks enthusiastic, dedicated and creative Group Leaders and Assistant Group Leaders for our After School and Summer Programs for a 255-unit buildings that houses families with children in Jamaica, NY. This is an excellent position for a college student or professional interested in working with K-12 aged students outside of the traditional classroom setting. The afterschool and summer day camp programs provide a safe and friendly environment for resident and community children where they can be enriched in a variety of academic and extracurricular activities.
• Conduct and facilitate curriculum based lessons and projects with students.
• Work to create an intentional, fun learning environment where children thrive.
• Serve as a mentor to students in the classroom, on trips and building relationships which will last a lifetime.
• High school diploma required or minimum one year of experience working with children under 13 or Associates Degree in Child Development, Elementary Education, Physical Education, Recreation or a related field.
• Must be available to work from the end of June through end of August.
• Must pass a background investigation which includes employment history and criminal background check.
• Passionate, flexible and caring personality that loves to work with children and desires to be part of a growing team of Youth Development Professionals.
To apply, please send updated resume to email@example.com. Indicate the “Summer Day Camp Group Leader” in the subject line of email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.