Lead 3K Teacher
Date Posted: 08/30/2023
Location: New York, New York
$53,000 - $75,300 a year (Salary determined by collective bargaining agreement)
Job Type: Full-time
Work Arrangement: Onsite
Join our team as a 3K lead teacher.
- School Year program based on a 180 day schedule, September through June
- Salary determined by the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Benefits are comprehensive
- Additional Article 43 documentation required at time of hiring
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As part of the Catholic school community serving in one of our 3K for All programs, the lead teacher candidate will be expected to take on a range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Provide students with an age-appropriate nurturing, safe, and engaging learning environment to support their social, intellectual, physical, and emotional development
- Provide classroom instruction and facilitate engaging learning experiences based on Creative Curriculum Units of Study
- Develop unit, weekly and individualized lesson plans in line with program goals and policies
- Differentiate instruction to build upon individual strengths and interests of each child.
- Regularly assess the progress of each child and document observations and evidence; use the data to plan for instruction
- Implement positive behavior management support in keeping with Archdiocesan and NYC DOE guidelines.
- Work closely with school administration, Archdiocesan and NYC DOE coaches and teaching partners to provide high quality early childhood instruction.
- Provide services to all children and families with respect, compassion and confidentiality while exhibiting knowledge of and sensitivity to the educational, cultural and socio-economic needs of the children and families served in the program
- Guide and collaborate with the teacher assistants and aides
- Participate in Professional Development sessions as provided by the NYC DOE and the Archdiocesan Office of Early Childhood.
- Communicate regularly with families to support the extension of learning at home as per the program protocols
- Respond to parent concerns and requests with professionalism and as a partner in the education of each child
- Actively support the goals of the school and program through collaborative teamwork with colleagues
- Continually seek and participate in opportunities to develop as an early childhood professional
- Additional duties as required or assigned
- Minimum BA in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- One of the following New York State teaching certificates:
- Early Childhood (Birth - Grade 2);
- Nursery, Kindergarten and Grades 1-6 (N-6);
- Prekindergarten - Grade 6 (P-6); or
- Students with Disabilities (Birth - Grade 2) OR
- Candidates on an approved Study Plan are encouraged to apply
Minimum Education Level: NYS Teacher Certification
Preferred Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Please send your resume to Ms. Ciaramitaro at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may contact our office at 212-795-1030 with any questions.