Cardinal Mccloskey Community Services
Date Posted: 03/17/2021
Salary / Wage:
Location: , New York
Cardinal McCloskey Community Services (CMCS) is a not –for- profit social services agency that is the largest provider of Head Start services in the Bronx. CMCS serves more than 2,000 children and families each year and is continuing to grow.
We are looking for an imaginative person with an interest in and the ability to teach three to five-year-old children. We want someone with knowledge of recent development in the field of Early Childhood Education, particularly as it relates to the proper education of children from low income families. The Master Teacher will assume the role of Educational Director in his/ her absence.
Early Childhood Educators should receive adequate levels of observation, feedback and support in order to promote developmentally appropriate practice. In order to provide this support, the Master Teacher will:
- Meet regularly with the educational staff on site to build necessary professional relationships
- Support the teaching teams and provide guidance by providing emotional support, structural support and classroom organization assistance (behavior management, productivity and learning formats).
- Assist teachers with lesson planning, anecdotal record keeping, child screening/ assessments and other classroom responsibilities.
- Provide a system and mentorship for newer teachers as they shape their teaching practice
- Masters in Early Childhood with Initial/ Permanent Certification and B-2
- 3-5 years educational experience in a Head Start Program or other ECE setting Classroom Lens Assessment Scoring System reliability (CLASS) Preferred