Date Posted: 02/10/2021
Salary / Wage: Up to $75,000.00/year
Location: Brooklyn, New York
BumbleBeesRus is an early childhood education program with multiple locations in Brooklyn. We are dedicated to providing high-quality and affordable programs for infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
Our primary objective is to provide a welcoming, safe, nurturing and developmentally appropriate environment that develops and fosters individual creativity, active exploration and learning through child-centered activities and explorations that support the development of the “whole child”. We continually strive to create a stimulating environment, where every child is encouraged to reach his/her own potential.
We are currently seeking a dedicated Center Director for our 2813 Farragut Road location. The ideal qualified candidate will have previous leadership experience in an ECE setting as well as their NYS Early Childhood Education (Birth - Grade 2) or Childhood Education (Grades 1-6) Certification.
- Establish and maintain a healthy, safe and fun learning /working environment.
- Work with teachers to assure that all classrooms are safe, attractive and developmentally appropriate.
- Maintain the facility in accordance with DOH standards.
- Supervises the overall program including; office manager, teachers, teaching assistants, family workers, Custodian/Food Handler.
- Annually reviews and provides recommendations regarding personnel and operational policies and procedures.
- Familiar with Environmental Rating Scales (ECERS), assessment instruments for early childhood and child care program quality.
- Prepare and evaluate curriculum that gives the children the basic skills they will need to enter and succeed in school.
- Informing staff of licensure requirements and policy changes through regular staff meetings.
- Executing the policies and procedures that ensure the well- being of children, such as: developmentally appropriate curriculum, positive behavior management plans and safe arrival and departure.
- NYS Early Childhood Education (Birth - Grade 2) Certification OR Early Childhood Education (Grades 1-6) Certification.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field.
- 5 years of teaching and/or supervisory experience in ECE setting.
Please email resume and brief introduction expressing your interest to: Jacqueline.Tellier@BumbleBeesRus.com