As the first settlement house in the nation and for over 130 years, University Settlement has been empowering New York residents by building on their strengths through comprehensive, quality services that meet the current needs of the community; innovation that anticipates future needs; and advocacy to improve the community as a whole.
Located on the NYU campus, Creative Steps offers a play-based, child-centered curriculum with fun and diverse enrichment classes for children 12 months through 4 years including one full day DOE-funded UPK classroom. As the Education Director, you will oversee staffing and curriculum to ensure proper coverage and compliance with program and funders’ standards. You will play a pivotal role in mentoring and supporting teaching staff in meeting children’s needs through differentiated instruction and ensure they are collaborating with support service staff.
Submit cover letter and resume to the link below.
Why you should join our team:
· You’re part of a mission driven organization that empowers and advocates for the community
· 20 Vacation; 12 sick days, and 2 personal days
· Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
· Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
· 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match