Teacher Aide Four Year Olds
SCO Family of Services FirstStepNYC
Date Posted: 11/26/2018
Salary / Wage:
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Job Type: Teacher
SCO Family of Services helps vulnerable New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize and strengthen families and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs. SCO has provided vital human services throughout New York City and Long Island for more than 100 years and serves over 60,000 people on an annual basis.
FirstStepNYC @P.S./I.S. 41:
FirstStepNYC at P.S/I.S. 41 is a high quality, state of the art birth-5 early childhood center collocated at P.S./I.S.41, a K-8 elementary school in one of the most at-risk neighborhoods - Brownsville, Brooklyn. The model affords an exceptional, groundbreaking opportunity to change the life paths of New York City’s most vulnerable, at-risk children and tackle the achievement gap before it begins. This unique public-private partnership brings together the NYC Department of Education (DOE), NYC Administration for Children Services (ACS), SCO Family of Services, and a wide range of local organizations. FirstStepNYC, a demonstration project with an emphasis on both early childhood and adult leadership development, will advance citywide efforts to ensure all children enter kindergarten on a path to be college and career ready by the time they graduate our schools.
We are currently seeking a Teacher Aide for our Four Year Old classroom
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and coordination of the comprehensive education program
- Support the classroom teacher in ensuring that the education program is developmentally appropriate and meets the individual needs of the children
- Support the classroom teacher in providing early learning experiences in social-emotional development, literacy, language, mathematics, sciences, social studies, physical education, fine arts, foreign language, and other subject matter suited to the needs of children
- Assists the teachers with the preparation of developmentally appropriate classroom environment and materials for planned activities in the indoor and outdoor environment.
- Position themselves strategically in all indoor and outdoor environments to actively engage children, provide optimal supervision, and facilitate play
- Assists the children with behavior management and self-regulation during classroom activities.
- Assist classroom teachers, with guidance, with the implementation of each child’s Individualized Family Service Plan or Individualized Education Plan when applicable.
- Assist with entering and maintaining classroom and child data
- Regularly meet with lead teacher, assistant teacher, and master teacher to provide input regarding observations of each child throughout the day and goal achievement through active collaboration.
- Assist with monitoring attendance of children in the classroom.
- Collaborate with teaching team, family support team, and other FirstStepNYC personnel
- Implement all programming requirements in adherence to all performance outcome standards as prescribed by the multiple funding and model requirements
- Maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment; conduct daily health and environment checks; ensure that classroom equipment, furniture, materials, and supplies are properly maintained and stored
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Acceptable clearance checks for State Central Register, Driver’s License and Fingerprinting as required by the program
- Compliance with health regulations for physical testing.
- Early childhood program and/or policy experience preferred
- Ability to communicate in a manner that demonstrates and fosters cooperation, respect, concern and openness to change
- Command of the English language and grammar, both verbal and written
- Ability to meet deadlines, stay well organized and work under pressure. Ability to prioritize
- Commitment to the mission and programs of SCO Family of Services
- Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families
- Have a willingness to learn and implement current approaches in the Early Childhood Development field
- Team player
To apply for this position:
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title you are applying for in the subject line. While every application will be reviewed, only applicants being considered for the next step in the recruitment process will be contacted. No phone calls please.