Child Care Center Director
YMCA of Greater Rochester
Date Posted: 08/01/2018
Salary / Wage:
Location: Rochester, New York
Job Type: Other
We have partnered with one the largest Child Care Centers in Rochester NY in search for its next Director. This start of the art facility house programs for UPK and K-12.
Under the general direction of the Urban District Executive Director, the Child Care Center Director is responsible for the development, coordination, planning, administration, supervision, and delivery of the our Clients Childcare Center Programs. The member relations aspect of this position requires that relationship building be the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image, and core values of the organization are conveyed.
- Directs all aspects of the licensed Childcare Center and partial day preschool including supervision, coordination, promotion, parent relation, curriculum, scheduling, enrollment, and evaluation.
- Develop the annual operating budget and objectives for the Childcare Center.
- Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, mentors, and evaluates all staff.
- Knowledge of Office of Children and Family Services regulations, YMCA of Greater Rochester procedures, rules, regulations, and guidelines, and branch regulations.
- Responsible for purchase, inventory, and delivery of all program supplies.
- Ensures all program operation is consistent with Association procedures, including emergency procedures, insurance, accidents, purchasing, personnel, and accounting system.
- Develops resources to expand program and enhance family involvement.
- Enlists, trains, and assigns volunteers and recognizes their contribution to branch objectives.
- Ensures quality supervision and safety of all your child care programs through staff training and staff meetings. Maintains all necessary OCFS, Department of Health and YMCA Association guidelines.
- Ensures all youth development programs meet established goals of YMCA youth programming and include values, positive lifestyle development, and knowledge of skills education and provide significant role models and examples for children to pattern.
- Participates accordingly in such projects as assigned as well as staff training, meetings, and special events. Supports all Annual Campaign and United Way events.
- Maintain all required certifications.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in child development, early childhood education, elementary education or a related field.
- This position requires a minimum of five years’ experience. This experience should include demonstrated successful knowledge and proficiency in child care service programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills that demonstrate the improved effectiveness of communications and interactions with others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources that includes incorporation and execution of those resources into successful youth development programming.
- The incumbent must meet all OCFS requirements for Center Director.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (585) 388-9301 Fax: (585) 486-1016