Sprinkle Stars Twinkle Incorporated
Date Posted: 05/16/2018
Salary / Wage:
Location: Bronx, New York
Job Type: Assistant Teacher
Assist classroom teacher and teacher assistant in instructing preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote intellectual, social and physical growth.
General Accountabilities (Assist Teacher and Assistant Teacher)
- Greets arriving children, helps them remove outerwear, and selects activities of interest to them.
- Establishes clear objectives for all lessons and projects and communicates those objectives to children.
- Prepares materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Organizes and leads activities designed to promote development, such as games, arts and crafts, music and storytelling.
- Observes and evaluates children's performance, behavior and social development.
- Participates in staff development activities, parent education and parent involvement activities.
- Meets with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Enforces all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Maintains accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- Experience: 2-3 years of related experience
- Bi-lingual A Plus (French, Spanish, Mandarin)
100 Erskine Place, Ground Floor, Bronx, New York 10475, UPK@sprinklestarstwinkle.org, 914-413-1041
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Learning strategies