PCHP seeks a self-motivated and entrepreneurial colleague who is passionate about our mission and inspired by the opportunity to continue growing the Family Child Care (FCC) model. This role is highly interdisciplinary and will require an entrepreneurial work ethic, nimble project management skills, and visionary disposition.
Please visit the Parent-Child Home Program website for more information on our organization’s history and our exciting Family Child Care model.
• Manage the continuous development of the FCC Network, comprised of all implementing sites, to ensure model fidelity, cross-learning, and identification and implementation of best practices.
• Deliver training to all new sites.
• Provide ongoing technical support to all sites in program implementation, curriculum, data collection, and reporting.
• Update and expand curriculum and training materials.
• Manage the ongoing scaling of the FCC model, leading strategic and expansion planning.
• Conduct outreach to early childhood and child care stakeholders across direct service, advocacy, and research fields to position the FCC model within the larger early childhood education and care system.
• Identify and develop public and private partnerships and funding streams to support the expansion of the FCC model, at the local, state, and federal level.
Research and Evaluation
• In conjunction with the Research and Evaluation team, manage future evaluation of and research on the FCC model, assisting in research design development, data management, and analysis.
• Lead the ongoing and iterative evaluation of the FCC model’s assessment strategy, adjusting data collection protocols where necessary.
Internal Practice and Content Development
• Lead internal work to further inform and develop the FCC model with learnings from the field.
• Oversee content development related to FCC model data and outcomes reporting, strategic communications, and other internal and external materials.
PCHP is looking for a candidate who:
• Is passionate about equal access to high quality early education and closing the school readiness gap; has experience working, living, and/or volunteering in low-income communities, and can advocate for investment therein.
• Has experience in program development and management, perhaps specific to scaling successful pilot initiatives; is familiar with strategic planning, able to develop a proactive vision, and enjoys the iterative process of developing programs.
• Is a skilled project manager; enjoys juggling many moving parts and has experience managing complex projects with a sense of urgency.
• Is a strategic communicator, able to navigate multiple perspectives and carve a path forward; has experience communicating across a variety of stakeholders and building trusted relationships.
• Enjoys teaching others; has experience designing/delivering trainings and enjoys facilitating groups of adult learners.
• Has an exceptional track record of professionalism with 5+ years of professional experience, at least two of which are within a similar role or organization.
Minimum B.A. in education, public policy, or similar; graduate degree preferred
Additionally, this candidate may also have:
• Experience working in or interacting with child care systems.
• Experience managing others – this program will soon have a dedicated associate-level staff member (see “Direct Reports” below).
• A practical understanding of quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods.
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
PCHP intends to hire an associate-level staff member dedicated to the FCC model; the Program Manager will supervise this position.
Special Working Conditions
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and competitive within the nonprofit sector.
We’re located at 163B Mineola Boulevard, Mineola, NY 11501, which is a 2-minute walk from the LIRR Mineola station.
This position involves approximately 5-10% travel.