Head Start Assistant Teacher
Committee for Early Childhood Development Head Start
Date Posted: 02/12/2018
Salary / Wage:
Location: Jamaica, New York
Job Type: Assistant Teacher
Committee for Early Childhood Development Head Start has opening for an assistant teacher in a Pre-K for All class.
CECD assistant teachers have the same basic responsibilities as the group teacher, but accountability primarily falls on the group teacher.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) assisting the group teacher in:
- Assessing each child's developmental needs and writing individual plans once a month.
- Completing and submitting all required paperwork and documentation as scheduled (monthly theme sheets, daily lesson plans, individual lesson plans, developmental screenings, Form 10s, anecdotals, Creative Curriculum Development & Learning Reports, DOE paperwork).
- Conducting Parent/Teacher Conferences.
- Documenting classroom incidents and notifying the appropriate staff.
- Ensuring that children are taught and supervised in a consistent manner.
- Ensuring that the daily health and nutritional needs of the children are met.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment and maintaining orderliness and cleanliness in the classroom.
- Maintaining positive communications with parents.
- Preparing, implementing and evaluating daily classroom activities.
- Applicant must possess Child Development Associate (CDA) certification or a minimum of 30 college credits in Early Childhood Educational and meet the requirements of the licensing agency. Experience working in a preschool setting preferred.
- Applicant must have a warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, be able to relate well to both children and adults, and be willing to fulfill job requirements, in accordance with the school's educational philosophy.
- Applicant must possess good writing skills and must be computer literate. Applicants who speak Spanish, Creole or Urdu will be strongly considered, but must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or have a Green Card.
- Applicant must successfully pass the NYC Department of Investigation and State Central Registry screenings. DOI fingerprints cost $123.00 and the SCR screening costs $25.00. Both fees are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Please email your resume (as a word document. JPEG or PDF attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org.