Committee for Early Childhood Development Head Start is looking for group teachers for both 3-year old and 4-year old classes. Preschool experience is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Assist team members and volunteers in maintaining an orderly, safe and attractive classroom.
* Complete and submit all required paperwork and documentation as scheduled
* Conduct Parent/Teacher Conferences and Home Visits.
* Delegate and assign tasks as described in the job descriptions and program policies.
* Encourage parents to be active participants in their child's education.
* Ensure that all classroom activities are developmentally appropriate and carried out on a daily basis, according to EarlyLearn NYC standards and CECD program philosophies, policies and procedures.
* Ensure that children are involved in the planning and preparation of nutritious cooking activities once a month * Exercise control and maintain classroom discipline.
* Handle emergency situations as designated by program policies and procedures.
* Maintain, with team members and parents, an approach to guidance that is within the Head Start Performance Standards and C.E.C.D. Head Start policy to ensure that children are taught, disciplined and supervised in a consistent manner.
* Provide a setting that meets the individual needs of children, assess each child's developmental needs and write individual lesson plans once a month.
* Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field.
*Must be working towards a Master's degree, or be willing to sign a letter of commitment agreeing to complete graduate school in 3 years.
* A minimum of two years’ experience working in a preschool setting, with children ages 3-5 is preferred.
* Should have some knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices. Knowledge of early childhood special education is a plus.
*Knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards is a plus.
* Should have some familiarity with the Universal Prekindergarten standards, including the DOE Common Core Learning Standards.
* Familiarity with the Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies Gold is a plus.
* Must possess strong supervisory skills.
* Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to both children and adults.
* Must be able to read and write English.
* Must possess exceptional organizational skills
* Must be computer-literate.
* Must be in good physical and emotional health.
* Must complete screenings from the NYC Department of Investigation and the NYS Central Registry.
* Must have had Child Abuse Training within the last two years, or complete on-line training if hired.
* Applicants who speak Spanish, French/Creole, Urdu or African dialects will be strongly considered.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.