The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that works to ensure that all early childhood practitioners have access to a comprehensive system of professional development. The Institute’s Leadership Initiative is committed to building skills in leadership and management for current and future early childhood leaders.
The Leadership Initiative is committed to the success of all early childhood leaders and is searching for part-time coach who has skills and expertise to support the effectiveness of early childhood leaders.
Reporting to both the Project Manager of the Leadership Initiative and the Director of Early Childhood for the Institute, the Leadership Initiative’s Coach will:
- Work one on one and in small groups with current and aspiring early childhood leaders to establish trusting coaching relationships,
- Collaborate with participants, to analyze needs and build quality individualized professional development plans,
- Provide direct coaching using a range of strategies to build confidence and competency in each leader,
- Track and maintain data for contributions to program reports,
- Work with other coaches to build a community of practice,
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager and Director of Early Childhood.
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related area.
- At least 6 years of experience in early childhood education as a program leader
- At least 2 years of coaching and/or mentoring experience.
- Familiarity with Pre-Kindergarten, Family Childcare, Schools, and Community-Based Organizations.
- Strong knowledge base in both child and adult development.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with underserved populations in high-need communities.
- Ability to develop and sustain successful collaborative partnerships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible availability during days, evenings and/or weekends to accommodate the schedules of participants
- Ability to travel by public transportation to classroom sites throughout the five boroughs.
SALARY: $40/ hour up to 18 hours a week
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the Research Foundation website at: