Office Operations Coordinator
NY Early Childhood Professional Development Institute
Date Posted: 10/12/2017
Salary / Wage: 40,000 - 45,000
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Job Type: Leadership / Director
The NY Early Childhood Professional Development Institute (the Institute) is a unique public/private partnership that brings together a range of City agencies, a consortium of private funders, and the nation’s largest urban university to create a center that provides and coordinates training and career development services for all individuals who work with children ages birth to 8 in New York.
The Office Operations Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Administrative and Budget Manager and Institute staff.
Reporting to the Administrative and Budget Manager, the Office Operations Coordinator will:
- Perform basic record-keeping duties, including but not limited to processing payroll timesheets, maintaining time and leave calendar, and processing invoices and reimbursement requests for assigned budgets, and daily mailroom drop off/pick ups.
- Monitor assigned budgets and report status of budgets to Administrative and Budget Manager on a periodic basis.
- Support Administrative and Budget Manager in human resource functions by processing job postings, new hire applicants, terminations, and maintaining all files.
- Maintain information systems/databases, office management policies and procedures, and office supplies.
- Manage office systems, including equipment inventory, computers, and paper files.
- Assist Directors with the preparation of reports to partners and funding agencies.
- Work with central office staff to ensure RF procedures are followed.
- Work with the CUNY operations staff, and Institute staff to ensure building issues are resolved.
- Coordinate other activities as needed with Directors and Executive Assistant.
- Other duties as assigned by the Administrative and Budget Manager and Executive Director.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
Professional Experience and Skills:
- Two years related administrative experience.
- Knowledge of major office computer hardware and software applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign preferred but not required.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, associates, and internal and external constituents.
- Ability to work with diverse ethnic and cultural organizations and individuals.
- Spanish speaker preferred but not required.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via Research Foundation website at:
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT EMPLOYER