The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute (PDI) is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that works to ensure that all early childhood practitioners have access to a comprehensive system of professional development.
The PDI is committed to the success of all early childhood leaders and is searching for a full-time coach who has skills and expertise to support the effectiveness of early childhood leaders and teachers.
Reporting to the Director of Early Childhood, the Early Childhood Coach will:
- Establish trusting relationships,
- In collaboration with the teacher and site leader, analyze needs and build quality improvement plans,
- Provide direct coaching using a range of strategies to build confidence and competency in each teacher,
- Track and maintain data for contributions to program reports,
- Work with evaluators and other coaches to build a community of practice.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Early Childhood
Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related area.
- At least 6 years of experience in early childhood education, preferably as a leader and teacher.
- At least 2 years of coaching and/or mentoring experience.
- Familiarity with Pre-Kindergarten, Family Childcare, Schools, and Community-Based Organizations.
- Strong knowledge base in both child and adult development.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with underserved populations in high-need communities.
- Ability to develop and sustain successful collaborative partnerships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel by public transportation to classroom sites throughout the five boroughs.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via Research Foundation website at:
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT EMPLOYER