Large NYC nonprofit that operates large residential facilities is seeking an organized, hands-on, energetic individual to teach a classroom of 20 young children in an ACS funded daycare center located in a family homeless shelter in the South Bronx. Qualified candidates will have experience working with high-needs families and young children, and be able to thoughtfully and creatively address the needs of the children and families we serve.
• Collaborate with the program's director on daily lesson planning and curriculum development.
• Actively create and maintain a child-oriented and literacy-focused atmosphere.
• Interact closely with and supervise children at all times.
• Provide a balance of activities to meet the children's needs.
• BA/BS in early childhood education and one year of experience or BA/BS and 5 years of experience teaching pre-school.
• NYS Early Childhood (Birth – 2nd Grade) certification or enrolled in approved study plan for Certification at an accredited school.
• Minimum one year of experience as a Group Teacher in a program for children under the age of six.
• Experience with ACD/ACS/DOE.
• Must pass a background investigation which includes employment history and criminal background check.
To apply, please send updated resume to email@example.com. Indicate the “Head Teacher” in the subject line of email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.