Large NYC nonprofit that operates large residential facilities seeks an After-school Program Director for a 255-unit buildings that houses families with children in Jamaica, NY. The after-school programs provide a safe and friendly environment for resident and community children where they can be enriched in a variety of academic and recreational activities. The Program Director is assigned to manage the day-to-day operations site to ensure that quality standards and guidelines are met. The Program Director has overall accountability for the growth, quality and success of the program operation, its students and staff. Must be a positive role model and natural leader with excellent communication skills
• Ensure that the program maintains an emotionally and physically safe environment for youth that meets all compliance and safety requirements set forth by the organization, funders and applicable laws.
• Develop a combination of program activities to provide academic tutoring and support, skill-driven sports, fitness and wellness activities, and arts instruction.
• Organize special and culminating events, including showcases that highlight student achievement and culturally enriching field trips.
• Implement innovative and age appropriate curriculums, enrichment activities, and theme based projects.
• Responsible for recruitment and supervision of participants.
• Bachelor’s degree in related fields (education, psychology, social work, recreation or physical education with supervisory experience and experience coordinating afterschool or recreation programs.
• Teaching and after school management experience preferred.
• Must pass pre-employment background investigation including but not limited to fingerprinting, employment history, and criminal background check.
• Experience working with low-income and at-risk youth.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Knowledge and ability to utilize computer and related technology efficiently.
• Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate solutions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with program staff and community partners.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required.
To apply, please send updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the “After-school Program Director” in the subject line of email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.