Large NYC nonprofit that operates large residential facilities seeks an organized, hands-on, energetic individual to manage a day care center in an 88-unit buildings that houses families with children in the Longwood/Hunts Point sections of the Bronx. Qualified candidates will have experience working with high-needs families and young children, and be able to thoughtfully and creatively address the needs of the children and families we serve.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic child care and education professional to develop a high-quality program that meets the needs of a high-risk, vulnerable population.
• Supervise staff in daily operations of the center and in classroom activities.
• Coordinate recruiting and enrollment efforts and monitor attendance.
• Collaborate with staff on curriculum development and daily lesson planning.
• Cooperate with administration and other department directors regarding child and family progress and needs.
• Coordinate with administration for staff training and development.
• Supervise and further develop progress assessments.
• Provide reports to agency administrators and program funders as needed.
• BA/BS in early childhood education or related field of study.
• NYS teaching certification or pending certification one of the following: Early Childhood (Birth - Grade 2) or Nursery, Kindergarten and Grades 1-6 (N-6) or Prekindergarten - Grade 6 (P-6); or Students with Disabilities (Birth - Grade 2).
• Master's a plus.
• At least two years of experience as a group teacher in a program for children under six years of age.
• Demonstrated supervisory experience.
• Ability to effectively lead a team and coordinate with other department directors as needed.
• Enthusiasm and a positive, strengths-based approach to program management and development.
~~To apply, please send updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Director of Childcare” in the subject line of email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.