The CUNY Workforce Scholarship is a grant for
part-time CUNY students who work in regulated early childhood programs
and are studying early childhood education.
The scholarship was announced by Governor Cuomo and is managed and administered
by the NY Early Childhood Professional Development Institute for the
City University of New York system.
- Applicants must be employed 20 hours or more per week in a licensed Child Care facility
Applicants must be attending or applying to a CUNY university, taking courses at the Certificate, Associates, Bachelors or Masters Level
leading to early childhood teacher or assistant teacher certifications, credit-bearing certificates or credit-bearing credentials.
Must be Part-time Status.
- Before applying for the CUNY Workforce Scholarship, eligible applicants must apply for EIP scholarships.
- The scholarship grant is needs based and applicants must submit a your 1040 and 2 current paystubs to demonstrate need.
- Applicants must have an Aspire Registry ID. Learn more and get your ID!
- Selected applicants are required to meet with an Institute advisor to create Study Plan and sign participation agreement.
Once you complete the application our Scholarship administrator will be in contact.
You will need to provide a copy of your 1040 and 2 current pay stubs.
We are not currently taking new applications for the CUNY Workforce Scholarship
IF you have any questions about this or any of our other services, please